March 18, 2020
Navigating the coronavirus (COVID-19) with Sunrise Advantage Plan
Everyone at Sunrise Advantage Plan understands your biggest concern is how you, or your loved ones, can stay healthy during this difficult time.
The health and well-being of Sunrise Advantage Plan members and employees is our top priority. Our senior management, clinical, and operational leadership teams meet daily to track COVID-19 to prepare for the possibility of the coronavirus affecting the communities and members we serve.
We are here to help. Sunrise Advantage Plan is well-positioned to provide the care our members need in the comfort of where they live. Your Sunrise Advantage Plan Primary Care Physician can provide information and assistance during this critical time period.
Actions Sunrise Advantage Plan is taking to keep you healthy:
- Our plan Primary Care Physician will continue to provide the extralevel of personal care and attention you expect.
- We work hand-in-hand with your doctors and nurses to identify and treat any health changes right away.
- We’re tracking the coronavirus updates and educating our careteam on the latest guidelines from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as they become available.
To prevent virus exposure, we will avoid transports to outside providers unless absolutely necessary.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and declaration of state emergency, Sunrise Advantage Plan has implemented special arrangements to ensure our Members are taken care of during this unprecedented time. Those arrangements include:
- Covering Medicare Parts A and B services and supplemental Part C plan benefits provided outside of a Sunrise Advantage Plan facility.
- Waiving, in full, requirements for gatekeeper referrals where applicable.
- Providing access to Medicare Part B services via telehealth.
- Reducing or waiving cost-sharing of lab tests, telehealth benefits, or other services to address COVID-19.
- Relaxing “Refill-too-soon” edits and providing maximum extended day supply to prevent disruption in access to the member’s prescription.
If our members get sick and require testing, the coronavirus test is fully covered by Sunrise Advantage Plan with no out-of-pocket cost to them.
Rest assured, we’ll continue to work closely with the communities we serve to monitor the rapidly changing status of the coronavirus, and to find innovative ways for delivering a high-level of personalized care and customer service.
Not a member of Sunrise Advantage Plan yet?
If you or your loved one live in a participating facility and would like to learn more about Great Plains Medicare Advantage complete our Contact Me form and a plan representative can help you. You can also review our available plans and their benefits for more info.
Helpful links for more information about the coronavirus (COVID-19):